Chocolate Chip Macaroons are chewy and sweet with toasty coconut and mini-chocolate chips. These macaroons have crispy edges and tender middles. And they couldn’t be more simple to make.
- 4 cups (1 14-oz or 397 g) package shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup (170 g) mini-chocolate chips
- 1 14-oz. (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
Makes about 4 dozen macaroons.
1. Preheat the oven and prepare the baking pans.
– Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
– Place the oven rack in the middle position.
– Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
2. Combine the ingredients and drop onto baking sheets.
– Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
– Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets at least 1-inch apart.
3. Bake until the edges are golden and crispy.
– Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies have browned nicely around the edges.
– Cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before moving them to cooling racks.
How to store:
Store you Chocolate Chip Macaroons between sheets of parchment or wax paper in an airtight container.
About this recipe
I have been making these Chocolate Chip Macaroons for decades. (Yes, decades.) These were always a solid choice for lunchboxes and picnics. And the combination of coconut and chocolate is unbeatable.
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Macaroons is so simple, there is not a whole lot of advice needed for this one. But here are a couple of tips:
1) There’s room to personalize.
– If you like, replace some (or all) of the chocolate chips with chopped nuts, crushed graham cracker or cookie crumbs, chopped pretzels or even chopped dried tropical fruit.
2) Keep an eye on the oven.
– These will burn pretty quickly if you forget about them. So don’t forget about them.